CUPS and KDE and RH 8.0

Hi everybody,

I have some troubles with CUPS and KDE. Neither from the HTTP webinterface nor
from the KDE control center a test page will be printed. After the test page
has been queued and processed I can watch some log messages about filters and
backends and then - nothing happens...

I just wonder why a simple "lpr file.gif" from konsole works...?!? I've also
removed the LPRng package but without any success, didn't change anything
(off course)

I upgraded from Red Hat 7.2 and printing worked fine under 7.2

Another example: I' running gv and try to print a page using "kprinter" as
print command - kprinter says, that my file has been sent to the printer and
nothing happens anymore...

Maybe any idea?

thnx,
Alex