Re: Trouble getting ATI 9200 (Gigabyte) dual head to work

On Tue, 20 Jan 2004, John Himpel wrote:

>Date: Tue, 20 Jan 2004 21:08:20 -0600
>From: John Himpel <john@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
>To: xfree86-list@xxxxxxxxxx
>Subject: Trouble getting ATI 9200 (Gigabyte) dual head to work
>
>I am unable to properly configure my Gigabyte 9200 (powered by Ati).
>I have attached:
>1) XFree86.0.log
>2) XF86Config (temporarily renamed XF86Config.test.dualhead)
>3) lspci output
>
>Any help/pointers would be greatly appreciated.

The driver doesn't know your chip ID yet, but you can fake it
with ChipId in the config file.  Use the ID of a 9000 and it
should work.

File this in bugzilla, in case the particular chip ID isn't
already reported in bugzilla, so when I fix the driver, I get all
of them at once.  ;o)

Of course.... ATi will just come out with newer, faster hardware
then and it's back to the drawing board.  ;o)

--
Mike A. Harris