Re: Re: ATI Radeon PCI 9200SE no DRI

On Mon, 19 Jan 2004, Alex Deucher wrote:

>> I was hoping to tweak/tune/config this without having to recompile
>> anything....that doesn't look promising...
>>

>I'm not sure how much luck you will have with 4.3 since it doesn't
>officially support the 9200.

That's correct for stock 4.3.0, but I heavily patch the Radeon
driver to support newer hardware as often as I have time to
commit to it.  Unfortunately, ATI comes out with new hardware
faster than I can keep up with.  ;o)  Our current rpms support
*some* Radeon 9200 models, however your advice below should
rectify that for people who have problems...

>the bustype option wasn't added until
>recently so right now it is only available in cvs, but will eventually
>be part of 4.4.  Another thing you might try is to set both
>"forcepcimode" to true and force the chipid to that of a radeon 9000.
>for the most part the 9200 and the 9000 are the same. the 9200 just has
>agp 8x support.

That's all correct of course, but one other thing to note is that
the ForcePCIMode option is broken in various builds (both
XFree86.org and ours).  That's what prompted me to crack out the
proper AGP detection patch a month or so ago.

The good news is, that at some point in the future, I hope to fix
all these annoying issues for newer Radeon hardware detection,
etc. and release updates.  The bad news is, I don't know _when_
that will happen.  ;o)

--
Mike A. Harris