Re: Re: ATI Radeon PCI 9200SE no DRI

Yep I tried the "ForcePCIMode" "true" option - and various and sundry other combinations of options in my device section either X works with no hardware acceleation or X hangs as described before.

So ForcePCIMode  yeilds the same results as the driver the mharris pointed to in the aforementioned link.  And this is the case w/o ForcePCIMode and w/o mharris's tweaked driver.

Also, noticed the 'ForcePCIMode' bug in XFree's buggzilla and the BusType is the way to go - 'cept that must be a XFree 4.4 thing, because the log file just mentions that it is ignoring it as unknown..

I was hoping to tweak/tune/config this without having to recompile anything....that doesn't look promising...

Interesting to note something:  The Xlog, in this condition, doesn't really indicate anything is wrong.  I have presumed that at the point of the last message X is so badly hung it isn't writing anymore.  Or that it started up OK as far as it was concerned and didn't have anything more to write to log (before I kill it)...  I guess I should compare a 'good' log with a 'bad' log...