Re: Re: ATI Radeon PCI 9200SE no DRI

--- Fred Welland <f.welland@xxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> can I just grab the source(s) compile and update radeon_drv.o (and
> ati_drv.o) in my exiting XFree install (from RH9)?

probably...  you will also need a newer version of the XFree86 binary
and a newer r200_dri.so, libGL, and possibly a newer version of the DRM
(radeon kernel module).

> Or is do I gotta do a total rebuild of X from a xfree snap shot?
>
> Also, I thought dri was 'part' of xFree 4.x.  So would xFree 4.x
> drivers be different than DRI ones?

DRI development used to happen in it's own tree.  xfree86 and the DRI
are synced every now and then.  DRI development has now moved into
mesa,  but the DRM and GLX stuff is still in the DRI tree...  your best
bet is probably to grab xfree86 cvs or a snapshot since pulling from
all these various trees can be somewhat complicated.

> Finally, I have ton of XF86Config and X logs if anyone wants to take
> a look and help me trouble shoot.

if you are still using an older version of xfree86 like 4.3.0 or some
variation on that try adding this option:
option "ForcePCIMode" "true"

Alex

https://listman.redhat.com/archives/xfree86-list/2003-November/msg00034.html