Trolling for shuttle sff computer experiences

We are looking pretty hard at the little shuttle cube computers for an
upgraded platform for our service.  There are several choices of
chipsets and I was wondering what might be better supported in X for
playing flash movies in a browser, mpeg videos of various formats to
Composite /svhs out and DVI out ( not necessarily at the same time).

Shuttle barebones systems provides Mobos with what looks like three
basic video  chipsets in our price range:

as an fyi, Shuttle provides cards that plug into the agp port that
provide the composite and svhs tv out as well as DVI and I am leaning
toward Athlon 2000 based systems with 256MB Ram.

Primary chipsets seem to be :

Shuttle SK41G - VIA KM266/8235 based with Via Savage 8 video (At least I
think Via does the video too)

Shuttle SS40G -SIS 740 / 961 based vie SIS 315 4-64MB VGA

Shuttle SN41G@B nVidia nForce2 / MCP-T based with Geforce4 MX 128 MB VGA
( I hate to use this since IIUC the drivers are closed sorce and that
pisses me off)

I know the North and south bridge combinations provide different FSB and
memory speeds but I am really trying to get a feel for the video support
in either redhat 9 RHPW or possibly fedora,  Failing direct sponging off
redhat is there good support elsewhere that can be easily added?

Also one last question, given that either DVI or TV out will be
required, am I better off simply saving the $40 US that the addon card
costs and buying an ATi or other card that does not use system memory?

Remember I am not gaming here just wanting to play some full screen
movies at 1024 X 768.

Any tips or info appreciated.  I have read so many documents about so
many chipsets I am going to be dreaming about bridges built of silicon
over rivers of alpha numeric characters for a week.

These look like really cool boxes and the small form factor and advanced
cooling are expactly what we are looking for if I can get it to work.  I
just can't afford to go buy one of each and see what works and what does
not.