Re: External Video on Thinkpad T30

On Fri, 30 May 2003, Alex Deucher wrote:

> are you trying to use both the LCD and the vga port for dualhead
> display or just the external port only or both the primary and the
> secondary in clone mode?

I'm just trying to do plain vanilla analog out although the builtin LCD
is coming on and displaying a picture (sometimes). Switching between the
builtin LCD and external port doesn't quite work right. I have to init
3 and then type init 5 but not hit return. Then I use FnF7 to switch
to external and hit return. Ultimately I think X is getting info from
other sources that is overriding horizsync values at least. I suppose
it's thinking the builting LCD is primary. I know the hardware can do
it because it dual boots Win2k and that works.

Can I even do analog out and use the builtin display dual head? That
would be sweet. Is there a doc on that?

The strange thing is I *think* I had this working before with X 4.2. I
upgraded to 4.3 from rawhide source to try and get DVI to work better
which it did but still I couldn't get rid of some distortion.

Mike

--
A  program should be written to model the concepts of the task it
maximizes  the  potential  for it to be applied to tasks that are