Re: XFree86-4.0.3-6 & 2nd Monitor

I'm having a similar problem on a Dell 640 using XFree86 4.3.0 and a Radeon Mobility 7500. The primary display is always "cloned" to the secondary, even with a second screen set up for the secondary in XF86Config, and Xinerama on, etc. I can freely move my cursor between the two screens, and drag an app from one screen to the other, but screen two always mirrors one and they interfere with each other.

According to "man radeon", the "CloneDisplay" setting is only used when there is only one screen in the config file. "CloneMode" says if you don't have this line while clone is on, the modes specified for the primary head will be used for the secondary head. This would seem to indicate that neither of these options are useable if there is a second "screen" section in XF86Config (which I have), and sure enough the options don't seem to make a difference, and yet the display is cloned. Somethings wrong here.

Hugh