Re: Re: RH9,Xfree86 and neomagic laptop video

so what you are saying is that on the LCD you have a 800x600 viewport
into a 1024x768 framebuffer, and on the CRT port both the viewport and
the frambuffer show 1024x768?  I don't know how this could happen with
a single crtc.  does it do this when both the lcd and the crt are
active?

If you want to set the viewport to change to 1024x768 when using the
external monitor, you need to turn off the lcd, either with the
keyboard  shortcut (function-f3 or whatever) or maybe with a driver
option.  in order to do two separate modes on each port, you would need
two crt controllers.  the neomagic driver has no support for multiple
crtcs, I don't even think the neomagic chips had more than one crtc.

Alex