Once again dual head radeon roblems

HI

I have been browsing the list with interest trying to fix my redhat 8 Xinerama display.

It was working fine with 4.2.99, but I made some upgrades to get gnome 2.2 working.

Since then it has been hell. I have a radeon 7000 64mb graphics card, with a phillips 20 in, ad digital 17 in monitor, hooked up in Xinerama, I ended up with the primary screen going black when mouse moved off it, so I upgraded to 4.3.0-10 and ended up with the cloned display. I found the fix to radeon_cursor.c off the list, so downloaded XFree source, fixed the file and recompiled. Suddenly everything worked, what joy. You are all wonderful.

However, I now have a problem where X uses 99% of my CPU when moving a window, what is up with that.

System is:

AMD Athlon 2000+
512MB DDR Ram
200GB IDE drives
HIS ATI Radeon 7000/64MB DDR

RedHat 8.0
XFree 4.3.0-10 1280x1024x32 on both monitors.
OpenBox/KDE or KDM/KDE or XDM/Gnome or XDM/KDE or XDM/Enlightenment all us 99% CPU when moving/redrawing windows. When windows are not moving X uses hardly anything at all.

/var/log/messages nothing useful
/var/log/XFree86.0.log contains the following errors if anyone knows what they mean:
snip
(EE) RADEON(0): XAAInit Error
(EE) RADEON(0): Acceleration Disabled
snip