RH9,Xfree86 and neomagic laptop video

Hey all,

I am trying to configure my laptop neogmagic video driver with xfree86. RH9
standard packages correctly detect the card and configures it.

My problem is that this card supports virtual screen size of 1024x768 but I
cannot get it to run at greater than 800x600.

This is problematic as when I hook up an external monitor, it doesn't allow
me to get a bigger screen size.

Any ideas on how I can configure this to work?

Rgds

    Thomas

--
Thomas Fischer, CCNA, MCSE                   mailto:tvfischer@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx