Re: Can I disable the fancy RENDER cursor?

On Mon, 19 May 2003, Bill Crawford wrote:

>Date: Mon, 19 May 2003 11:58:26 +0100 (BST)
>From: Bill Crawford <xfree86@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
>To: xfree86-list@xxxxxxxxxx
>Subject: Re: Can I disable the fancy RENDER cursor?
>
>On Mon, 19 May 2003, Mike A. Harris wrote:
>
>> However, by forcing:
>>
>> 	Option "hwcursor"
>>
>> it should force-enable hardware cursor and remove any possible
>> Xcursor problem.  Theoretically at least.  Don't have an mga
>> installed to test with right now.
>
> I['ll give it a try ... later, 'cause restarting X now means logging off
>my internet connection lol.
>
> I've used "XCURSOR_CORE=1" and "XCURSOR_THEME=whiteglass" ... and for some
>reason that works fine except when I put the mouse over xcdroast =-O where
>the cursor for some reason reverts to the pinky ARGB (or is it RGBA? :) one.

The variables must be set prior to starting the X server, or it
will only affect the processes that are started from the shell it
is set in.

Or, use .Xresources to set the X resources, or edit the theme
config file and set the default theme.

--
Mike A. Harris