Re:Xinerama problem

> I am a newbie running a Radeon 7000 64MB DDR card on Redhat 9.  I have
> dual display setup.  The dual display is more-or-less functioning, with
> the exception that whenever I move my mouse cursor from the primary
> monitor to the secondary monitor, the primary monitor stops receiving a
> signal from the graphics card and the only way I know of to get it back
> is either to restart or to "init 3" "init 5".  Any clue what could be
> causing this?  I'm attaching my XF86Config file.  Thanks in advance.

I have a similar setup, except mine's a Radeon 7500 and I run two Dell
E171FP's off the VGA and DVI ports.  I don't think the problem is
related to Xinerama, since I have the exact same problem whether I
enable Xinerama or not.

In fact, w/Xinerama disabled I can "xterm -display :0.1" and everything
works as expected.  But moving the mouse to the secondary screen shuts
off the primary with no way to get it back but reset the X server (which
you can do with Ctrl-Alt-Backspace, although it also kills all your
apps).

Note that this setup worked just fine w/ RH7.3 (XFree86 4.2.something).
It simply broke after upgrading to RH9 / XFree86 4.3.0.

Xinerama had problems under XFree86 4.2 though.  It would hang apps like
red-carpet and I noticed other strange problems.  I'm hoping the
implementation under XFree86 4.3 works better (although I'd still trade
a working dual-head for Xinerama at the moment :).

-Barry