Re: XFree86 4.3.0-5 - Radeon 9000 - konsole problems

On Sat, 2003-04-26 at 21:21, Owen Taylor wrote:
> On Sat, 2003-04-26 at 15:24, Mark Knecht wrote:
> > Hi,
> >    This appears to be real, but it is apparently created by some
> > interaction between Gnome and KDE. I blew the installation away totally,
> > reinstalled RH 9, but only KDE this time, then upgraded to the new
> > 4.3.0-5 release. It's working fine.
>
> Really, really, really, unlikely. :-). If you are in a KDE session,
> it's more or less going to have no idea you have GNOME installed.
>
> I'd guess it was some config option you had on for KDE or something
> along those lines.
>
> Regards,
>                                              Owen

Owen,
   You could certainly be right, but I wouldn't know. All I can say is I
installed RH 9 with both KDE and Gnome. It didn't work. (No transparent
konsole using Radeon 9000) I blew the partition away and reinstalled
just KDE. It worked just fine.

   I'm sure that everything in Linux, KDE and Gnome is probably
configurable, and I would guess that RH has made some set of decisions
on how to configure, but mere mortals like me don't know about that
stuff, nor would I spend any time trying to find out what they've done.

   I never wanted Gnome on my system anyway as it _always_ causes
problems with the low latency audio apps I use. I only put is on since
Hui had asked a question in that area.

Cheers,
Mark