Re: Redhat 9, ATI Radeon 7500, DVI digital display -- output flaky

Here is a screenshot of what I was talking about; thanks for any tips.

http://plg.uwaterloo.ca/~migod/ftp/radeon-dvi-output.jpg

-- Mike

Date: Sat, 19 Apr 2003 01:59:35 -0400 (EDT)
From: "Mike A. Harris" <mharris@xxxxxxxxxx>
To: xfree86-list@xxxxxxxxxx
Subject: Re: Redhat 9, ATI Radeon 7500, DVI digital display -- output flaky
> On Fri, 18 Apr 2003, Mike Godfrey wrote:

Greetings,

Have redhat 9 installed (I bought a RHN subscription, eh).

I have an ATI Radeon 7500 video card, and a Viewsonic VP201m LCD monitor
which runs at 1600x1200.

While it runs, the output is flaky (I get flashes, some web pages look
bad, I get grainy little lines drawn on my screen).  Something is
clearly wrong.

Define what you mean by grainy lines. A few screenshots would be nice also to examine to try and understand the problem.

TIA

-- Mike A. Harris ftp://people.redhat.com/mharris OS Systems Engineer - XFree86 maintainer - Red Hat