Xfree 4.3 and AIW Radeon 7500

Has anyone figured out how to get Xfree 4.3 working with AIW 7500 cards?

When I start X I get the following message:
Radeon(0): No valid mode found for this DFP/LCD

I get this whether I use ati.2 (gatos drivers) or the regular Xfree
drivers. I don't understand why they would code a driver to default to
LCD when CRTs (which is what I have) are 85% being used today.

I have also tried the following options in the XF86Config:
option "nopanel_display"
Option "noddc"

Lastly, I have generated a new XF86Config file using XFree86 -configure.
Nothing is working.

Thanks,
KM
maillist@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx