no screens

Hi,

I have a problem with the X serveron my brand new Red Hat 8.0 box. The installation ran smoothly in graphical mode and I saw it did probe correctly the video card (Intel 845) and the monitor (ViewSonic GA771). But then on rebooting for the first time, I got a message saying "can't start the X server" with a "no screens found" diagnosis. The system seems to work all right in text mode. When I look into the XFree86.0.log file, I get a correct (--) Chipset 845G found. Most of the rest I don't understand (I'm a newbie). I have two warnings:
(WW) Open APM failed (/dev/apm_bios) (no such device)
(WW) I810(0) : Bad V_BIOS checksum
I don't see no (EE) message.

Any idea?

Thanks