Re: The i830 saga

On Fri, 2003-01-17 at 04:10, Jon Haugsand wrote:
> I am the (un)happy owner of a Dell Latitude C400 and am still waiting
> to get XFree to work.  (I have tried the xi Graphics driver, but this
> does not seem to work when I close the lid, and this is of course
> unacceptable.)

Jon,

I strongly suggest that you try the current Red Hat beta, Phoebe. It has
the CVS XFree86 RPMS built into the system, and is the precursor to the
next release of Red Hat Linux.

I've done some minimal testing with the i830 in the IBM laptop, and it
works fairly well with Phoebe (I disabled DRI to get around a VT
switching bug).

Phoebe can be downloaded at:

ftp://ftp.redhat.com/pub/redhat/linux/beta/phoebe

Please report i830 bugs with Phoebe, so that Mike has a chance to get them
fixed for the next release. :)

~spot
---
Tom "spot" Callaway <tcallawa(a)redhat*com> (SAIR LCA, RHCE)
GPG: D786 8B22 D9DB 1F8B 4AB7  448E 3C5E 99AD 9305 4260
Red Hat Sales Engineer :: http://www.redhat.com
Aurora SPARC Linux Project Leader :: http://www.auroralinux.org

The words and opinions reflected in this message do not necessarily
reflect those of my employer, Red Hat, or my project, Aurora
SPARC Linux and belong solely to me.

Save Firefly! :: http://www.fireflysupport.com/ :: Keep Flying!