Re: Intel i830/i845 video support, and the future

(because people don't realize it is unsupported, and go out and buy the hardware first, then find out it isn't supported, rather than finding out first, and _THEN_ making hardware purchase).
Your point is taken but it would help if one could actually view the compatitbility lists. For example, any search returns no results and an opprotunity to repeat. Thus I suspect your claim that users aren't using the compatibily lists is false.

XFree86.org just commited improved 2D support to the i810 driver and added 3D support for this hardware as well. Of course, it is untested at this point in time. I just wanted to let you all know that the work is aparently done, so XFree86 4.3.0 will have 3D support for this hardware. Many further i810 driver improvements were just committed as well, including a big driver cleanup.
Interseting. The issue of the Intel i8xx graphics controllers has exisited since the release of RedHat 6.2. Why so late addressing this issue? Why only the i810 controller rather than later versions such as i845?

G. Roderick Singleton