X server start problem on Toshiba SatellitePro 6100 with RedHat7.3

Hi RedHat'ers
i have a problem about using X server on my Toshiba SatellitePro 6100. I have installed, with VMWARE, a Linux RedHat 7.3, and after i tried to do the Xconfigurator, in order to use GNOME/KDE.
I get error in doing this, also if i specify parameters advised in Toshiba site (XF86Config-4 files etc). More in detail, the startx command gets an error (usually "screen not found").
Did you ever noticed this kind of problem?
Do you tell me how configure X server correctly in this environment?
Thanks in advance.

Marco Guarnacci
Finsiel
via Carciano 4, 00131 Roma