XFree86-4.2.99.1-0.20021014.3

Thomas Dodd wrote:

> Mike A. Harris wrote:
>
>>I hope everyone is using the new XFree86 CVS RPM's I made for Red
>>Hat Linux 8.0, and is enjoying the new translucent mouse cursors
>>with drop shadows.  ;o)
>

> Did you announce them on the list?
> I was browsing the people.redhat.com directories
> and found them.
>
> Haven't had time to install them yet,
> hope to tonight/over the weekend.

Got a chance to try early.

rpm -Uvh XFree86*
complains about Xft deps.

does something obsolete/replace the Xft packages from 8.0?

add --nodeps

when installing XFree86
/var/tmp/rpm-tmp.xxxx: line 1: xftcache: command not found

telinit 1; telinit 3; login; startx

Warning: font renderer for ".pfa" registered more than once
Warning: font renderer for ".pfb" registered more than once

/usr/bin/gnome-session: error while loading shared libraries:
libXft.so.2: cannot open shared object file: No such file or directory

run ldconfig; startx

Big red cursor :)
The text cursor has quite a shadow.

Add the ldconfig to the readme?