Re: XFree86 better i830 support?

>>>>> "t" == tellurye  <tellurye@bellsouth.net> writes:

t> [...] have they released a newer version for XFree86 that addresses
t> this issue?

They haven't released an update.  The next version of XFree will have
much better support, but it's a serious pain to get at it.  I pulled
down the current development sources and built them myself with a
config file extracted from a partial build of the Red Hat XFree RPM.
Then I installed the important chunks of it by hand.  This makes a
mess of the system (since RPM doesn't know of the new files and
reports tons of verify errors) but the support is pretty much
flawless.  (Well, 3D is still a mess, but 2D works great.)

This will get easier when Red Hat starts playing with development
versions in Rawhide; you'll probably be able to pull various RPMS from
there and try them out without all of the pain.

 - J<