Re: Understanding Bluecurve vs. KDE vs. GNOME

----- Original Message -----
From: "Digant C Kasundra" <diggyk@diggyk.com>
To: <xfree86-list@redhat.com>
Sent: Thursday, October 17, 2002 2:31 PM
Subject: Understanding Bluecurve vs. KDE vs. GNOME

> I'm a bit new to Linux.  I understand that KDE and GNOME are different
> Windows Managers.  Is Bluecurve also a Windows Manager?

No, it's a theme that covers both KDE and Gnome AFAICT.

> The main focus of this question revolves around desktop themes.  Will a
> desktop theme for KDE also work for Bluecurve?  GNOME?  Are all themes
> interchangable?  If not, where can I find themes or informatin on
> creating themes for Bluecurve?

See above, Bluecurve is more or less a theme, not a window manager.

Also, this list is more for xfree86 related things, like monitors, mouse
(depending), and drivers and such.  Not all of X window related things.  Try
the psyche-list for that stuff for more answers.

Mike