XFree86 crash

On 16 Aug 2002, Christopher Keller wrote:

>Date: 16 Aug 2002 15:19:07 -0700
>From: Christopher Keller <cnkeller@interclypse.net>
>To: xfree86-list@redhat.com
>Subject: Re: XFree86 crash
>
>Okay, thanks for the replies. I believe I've narrowed this down to a bug
>in XFree86.
>
>Does anyone know of an IRC channel where the developers hang? I've been
>on xfree86-dev on openprojects.net without a lot of luck.
>
>If I can't talk to anyone via IRC, I'll go about hitting the xfree
>developer mailing list.

#xfree86-devel, #dri-devel, and #xfree86 on irc.openprojects.net
is about the only place where any number of X developers frequent
to my knowledge.

The first two channels are developmental discussion only, and
fairly low volume.  Main reason being that the X developers that
have showed up typically in #xfree86-devel leave because there
isn't many others there, so it is a catch 22 situation to some
extent.  Nonetheless Jim Gettys (jg) often shows up.

You'll find Keith Packard (keithp) in #xfree86, as well as Jim.
#dri-devel you'll find the various DRI project members popping in
every now and then, but in particular during Monday's 4pm EDT IRC
development meetings.

Also, myself, Michel Daenzer, Ani Joshi, Erik Anholt, and various
other developers are in the various channels usually too, albeit
not always at the keyboard.

Also note, the the presense of any given developer(s) doesn't
necessarily mean they're able to answer a given question.  Each
developer has their own areas where they're experienced in X, and
may not know much at all about other areas.

If you know one of the developers present, and know they're a
likely person who would know something about what you're
interested in discussing, then it's a safe bet.  However, you
will probably find a lot more help a lot faster by staying
lurking around in the channels over time, and also by writing to
xpert@xfree86.org.

If you remain in the channels, then we can work towards building
a larger community of X developers which have a wider topic
knowledgebase, and thus increase the usefulness of the forums as
well.

Hope this helps,
TTYL

--
Mike A. Harris                  Shipping/mailing address:
OS Systems Engineer             190 Pittsburgh Ave., Sault Ste. Marie,