VIA ProSavage PM133 on RedHat 7.3

You do not even need to load the agp modules to run X windows it is
only used in conjunction with DRI and on certain cards like the i8xx
video chipsets.  you can get the newest version here:

http://www.probo.com/timr/savage40.html

the ones on the S3 website are pretty old.  there is no support for 3D
(DRI) on the savage ships at the moment.  there was some support for 3D
on the savage cards in the utah-glx project (http://utah-glx.sf.net),
but it has not ben ported to the DRI.  so at the moment there is no 3D
acceleration for your video card.  so there is no need to load the agp
gart module.

Alex

(https://listman.redhat.com/pipermail/xfree86-list/2001q4/000136.html)