Acrobat Reader full screen mode doesn't fill screen?

On Sun, 9 Jun 2002, Mike A. Harris wrote:

> I've never even once encountered the problem you describe, and if
> I had, I'd immediately assume it to be an acroread problem, or
> poor interaction between Acroread (which is a Motif application),
> and the window manager.

probably true ;-)

> >(a) Mike hasn't used it in full screen mode.  (I hadn't until I went to
> >project a slide show created with LaTeX.  I ended up doing the projection
> >using that other OS.)
>
> I use all applications _only_ maximized, so that isn't the case.
>
> >(b) Mike hasn't tried it in full screen mode with the Radeon driver (or if
> >he's tried it with another Radeon card, then not on the same machine I
> >use).
>
> Again, I only use applications maximized.  You were quite clear
> about it being maximized also.

FWIW, fullscreen != maximized.  For fullscreen in acroread, go to "view" and
then "fullscreen".

I've seen this on Radeons w/ KDE 3 when fullscreen.  I've not seen it on the
same machines maximized.  xpdf -fullscreen doesn't have the problem for me,
so if necessary, I use it instead.

later,
chris