Re[2]: NVidia GeForce 2MX 200 segmentation fault

----- Original Message -----
From: "subs" <subs@online.sinor.ru>
To: "Mike Chambers" <xfree86-list@redhat.com>
Sent: Sunday, May 26, 2002 9:30 AM
Subject: Re[2]: NVidia GeForce 2MX 200 segmentation fault

> If I allready install rpms, need I do anything before making sources?
> I install rpms, then install linux kernel sources, then make
> nvidia kernel and make nvidia glx.
> And trouble was the same.

The src.rpm's are the source, but they are for RPM's, not tarball or
manually configuring/installing.  All you would be doing is installing the
src.rpm, then rebuilding that rpm for *your* system then installing it.  You
probably could just get the whatever-src.rpm and rpm --rebuild
whatever-src.rpm and I *think* that rebuilds and installs it for you.  Or,
if you just rpm -ivh whatever-src.rpm, cd to /usr/src/redhat/SPECS and
rpm -ba whatever.spec and that will build it for you and put new rpm in
/usr/src/redhat/RPM/i386 or i686.  Then just install that rpm.

As far as if you have to uninstall the other, at least in this situation,
not sure.  You could probably maybe rpm -Uvh whatever.rpm --replacepkgs
which *should* let you install over top the other one.

Maybe someone else with more experience can elaborate on this if I'm off
base or something.

Mike