linux newbie - drmOpen failed

I have successfully set up linux as a server (web, ftp, etc) and am now
trying to leave windows and set up linux on my desktop.  I downloaded
and installed redhat 7.3 on my presario 5070.  Everything went fine
except for a few distorted lines that hover under my cursor and dri
fails.  I'm trying to tackle the dri issue first.  I've included part of
my xfree86 log.

One suspicious thing happened during installation.  My video chip was
identified as an SiS 620, but I thought it was an SiS 530.  Anyway, I've
installed it both ways and it made no difference.

I boot to a text login and then type "startx".  Below is the section in
my Xfree86 log that shows the error I'm getting.

drmOpenDevice: minor is 0
drmOpenDevice: node name is /dev/dri/card0
drmOpenDevice: open result is -1, (No such device)
drmOpenDevice: Open failed
drmOpenDevice: minor is 0
drmOpenDevice: node name is /dev/dri/card0
drmOpenDevice: open result is -1, (No such device)
drmOpenDevice: Open failed
[drm] failed to load kernel module "sis"
(II) SIS(0): [drm] drmOpen failed
(EE) SIS(0): [dri] DRIScreenInit failed.  Disabling DRI.

There are no other errors present during startup.  I looked in /dev/dri/
and I saw card1, card2, card3, but no card0.  Any ideas what I'm doing
wrong here?

Randall Smith