Nice value of the X server

On Fri, Apr 26, 2002 at 08:24:36AM -0700, Christopher Keller wrote:
> Just as a followup, it doesn't work starting from gdb.conf. I'm not
> trapping the error code, but I can only assume X isn't started by that
> point either.

I did not look very close but 'BackgroundProgram' in gdm.conf is
normally used to draw background and pictures for your login screen
so it has to draw on _something_ and that implies that X server is
already going.  I do not know under which id it executes, though.
Dump some info from there to a temporary log and you will have
much better grasp on the whole situation.

You still, of course, can bring up your background there and what
not.  Just make this into a shell script which does many things
and execute that.

  Michal