Where to add TTF fonts

On Mon, Apr 22, 2002 at 08:35:24PM -0500, Robert G. (Doc) Savage wrote:
> Some time ago I bought a CD containing over 3000 TTF fonts. I presume I
> can use these with the version of XFree86 4.2 that came with Skipjack2,
> correct? If so, what directory should I install them to, and what steps
> are needed to activate/access them?

I've successfully used random TTF fonts from the web with Seawolf, so
I assume they should work.  Installation is pretty simple--check out
the TT-XFree86 mini-HOWTO at

http://www.linuxdoc.org/HOWTO/mini/TT-XFree86.html

It's not long, and explains it better than I can.  One thing I would
do differently than in the HOWTO: if you want to add a directory to
your font path, don't modify your XF86Config* file as it suggests.
Assuming that Skipjack2 uses the X font server like previous releases,
you should add any new directories to the catalogue in
/etc/X11/fs/config (location could be different, but probably not).

Hope this helps,
Ben

--
Ben Logan: ben at wblogan dot net
OpenPGP Key KeyID: A1ADD1F0

I believe in getting into hot water; it keeps you clean.
		-- G.K. Chesterton