ATI Radeon 8500 3D

Hi all,

I have an ATI Radeon 8500 video card. Right now XFree 4.2.0 supports this
as 2D but not 3D. Some ideas when 3D will be supported in XFree for Radeon
8500 ? Some new DRI module should be used for this ?

Right now only XIG www.xig.com have drivers for Radeon 8500 OpenGL.

---
Some ideas what could be wrong in here?

I am using XIG drivers for Radeon
8500 right now. I have now 2.4.9-31 kernel version RH 7.2

I am using gdm. And fvwm2 or OpenMotif 2.2 -
After login in fvwm2 everything seems to be delayed around 10-40 secs
when I am trying to type something in xterm. the mouse works fine. I
can open an xterm fast, but everyhting seems going to sleep when I am
trying to type something in -

xev reports the same every
event being delayed, but generated correctly. I was trying to reproduce
somehow this but I cannot.
top reports normal activitity around 80% idle sometimes, sometimes xterm
in 55% and X in 34% CPU ...

I have tried several keyboards PS/2 .

This is happening sometimes under fvwm2 or mwm. Not in KDE or GNOME.
But always comes when I am using gdm. I switch to xdm and I did not got
anymore the problems with the delay in typing when logging under fvwm2.

Does this look like a X server problem or somethis related between XIG's
drivers and gdm ?

Some ideas guys ?

thanks,
stefan