XFree 4.2 and Mesa version

XFree 4.2 still has Mesa 3.4.2. Does anyone know when XFree will start
using Mesa 4.x? I understand the DRI structure in Mesa 4.x is quite
different so that's probably the reason 3.4.2 is still being used.

The reason I'm curious is that 3.4.2 has some bugs in its triangle
strip rendering that show up in the code I use all the time. I
reported it and Brian Paul saw that it got fixed (I think Keith
actually fixed it) in Mesa 4.0.1 (I think that's the first version
where it's fixed), but it wasn't easy to backport the fix to Mesa
3.4.2 since the code is so different.

Dave