new kernel for XFree 4.2 and 3D Radeon 7500 support

--=-tzhee7E7/Zac5wvb/Rsr

On Sun, 2002-01-20 at 13:35, Dave Reed wrote:
>=20
>=20
> Here's where it fails:
> depmod -a
>=20
> depmod: *** Unresolved symbols in=20
> /lib/modules/2.4.9-13/kernel/drivers/char/drm/sis.o
>=20
>=20
> Any ideas?

Won't effect you, this is the SIS module. I have been seeing it for
about the last week from the SIS module.
>=20
>=20
> > I suggest you boot runlevel 3 and not directly into X before you try
> > the
>=20
>=20
> I always do anyway just in case.

:-)=20

>=20
>=20
> > new 4.2.0 rpms.I also suggest the first time you run X that your disabl=
> > DRI. Then if X works go ahead and re-enable DRI.=3D20
>=20
> I had some problems getting a working XF86Config-4 file to begin
> with. I basically took the old one for my TNT2 card, and replaced

You can run Xconfigurator and select Radeon (generic) for a start on a
working XF86Config-4. Just say no when it asks you to test the setup.

>=20
>=20
> > comment out this line in your XF86Config-4 file to disable DRI
> > Load  "dri"		# Direct rendering infrastructure
>=20

Did you comment out this for now?
>=20
> I suspect I need to fix the depmod problem first.

Don't worry about this. I won't effect your Radeon.

>=20
>=20
> Thanks for all your help.

No problem. Just sitting here watching the football games.

Do you have 2D working at least?

Regards,
	Jim H

P.S.if you use IRC, I am around.