my last two cents on how questions should be handled

In my opinion, no stupid&useless&flamy satires should be directed to a question no matter how naive the question is.   Give me a break, we all started from a beginner some point in our lives.

If you ever think that you are too professional to answer a stupid question, then shut up and let other people answer it, why even bother to waste your valuable time to send some satires to the person(unless you are really bored and have nothing better to do???)

Here's what I think how questions should be handled:

1.In the case the question is posted to the wrong forum, politely direct the inquirer to the correct forum.

2.In the case the question lacks a title, politely tells the person that he/she should put an appropriate title next time.

3. in the case the question seems ambiguous, try your best to figure out what the person is asking, or ask the person to rephrase. Do not through any stupid comments out.

I have to restate something I said again for all of you comrades:

Don't make us techines/software engineers look $bad$ than it ALREADY seems.  BE OPEN AND HELPFUL to other people, especially the people who are not technical enough. After all, if he/she is professional enough to read the manuals, he/she can solve all the problems in theory, why do we need a forum then?

-jonathan

Do you Yahoo!?