RE: Dual Boot

I am not sure I understand your question.
do you mean this file.
/boot/grub/menu.lst

I am assuming you have Linux on first drive master(hda).
And Windows on second drive slave(hdb).
Windows does not like to be second that is why you have to do map.
Of course I could be totally wrong and you have different
configuration/partition/jumper settings.

P.S.
please post your questions to the list. This way everybody benefits.