Re: How to get RedHat 8.0 to allow core dump files

On Thu, 2002-12-12 at 18:54, Dan Winslow wrote:
> Platform is a fresh install of RedHat 8.0. I have
> ulimit -c unlimited
> in /etc/profile. I have write perms to the current dir. A test program
> compiled with gcc that does a 'strcpy(0,0)' seg faults but does not
> core
> dump. I have searched all day on the web, finding nothing but ulimit
> settings. Any advice would be highly appreciated.

Did you make sure to get rid of the ulimit line that was already in
/etc/profile?   Also, once you have the shell started, run 'ulimit -c'
to see what it says.  When I do 'ulimit -c unlimited' in the shell, I
can dump core on 8.0 without problems.

Jag