Re: anyone seen: krb5kt error

On Thu, 12 Dec 2002 craiskin@adelphia.net wrote:

> Hello
>
> No one on the redhat-list knows the answer to this ...  Has any seen a
> similar message:
>
> /usr/path/executable: invalid character 58 in exportstr for E:%s\\krb5kt"
>
> I cloned my RedHat 7 system disk with Ghost onto another hdd installed on
> the same system.  After taking the original hdd offline and booting into
> the clone, the system comes up, but now every executable generates the
> message above.
>
> I understand this has something to do with Kerberos.  Anything can be done
> to fix that?

Why on earth would you use Ghost? I've cloned disks several times using
standard linux tools such as tar, afio and dd and never had a problem.

OTOH I have heard of others having problems with Ghost.

I suggest you start again, using tar or dd. Note that you _can_ dd the
entire drive - I used to be sceptical about this - to another that's
larger. You will need to use e2fsck and resize2fs to fix the partition
sizes in the partition table. Over all, I prefer incantations of tar c |
tar xp as being safer, and providing the opportunity to resize
partitions if you wish. Using dd, you don't have any choice as to the
final configuration.

Besides, using tar you can go to a smaller disk if you want.