Re: libgen.a equavalence in Redhat?

On Fri, 23 Aug 2002, Tai Vo wrote:

> I am porting some code from Solaris 2.8 to Redhat 7.2.  My source files
> are very large and one of the libraries they rely on is libgen.a
>
> Well, in Redhat linux 7.2, there is only a libgen.h file.  I wonder if
> any of you know of an equivalent set of libraries that can replace
> libgen for Redhat Linux?

The libgen functionality is part of glibc - you don't need to link in a
separate library to use those functions.

-- Elliot
A Texas police officer nearly lost her job over her name. Christine Lynn
O'Kane's name appeared on her identification tag as 'C. O'KANE'. Police
management cited the "inappropriate use of her name as the basis for their
concerns.