Re: Build/Development environments...

I would second that motion: avoid Clearcase like the plague. I have
personal experience with it. (I was forced to use it.)

Clearcase is extraordinarily expense compared to the alternatives, and
is extraordinarily complicated as well. It appeals only to pointy-haired
bosses.

In passing , I note that Linus uses BitKeeper
(http://www.bitkeeper.com/Products.BitKeeper.html) to maintain the
kernel. A free binary version is available. I believe that the BitKeeper
Free Use License allows commercial use, but you must use Open Logging
and maintain the BitKeeper software at the latest revision.

Also, even though I have no experience with it, you should probably look
at SourceForge v3.1.

And if you're on Solaris, I recommend Teamware. Simple, fast, intuitive,
and easy.

--- Vladimir

--------
Vladimir G. Ivanovic                        http://leonora.org/~vladimir
2770 Cowper St.                                         vladimir@acm.org
Palo Alto, CA 94306-2447                                 +1 650 678 8014