Re: Build/Development environments...

> > On Fri, 14 Jun 2002, James Olin Oden wrote:
> > > The only issue with that is how well it scales.  Also, I quickly did
> > > look at it and it looks like you have to provide a file per environment
> > > (i.e. representing the HD).  I bet you could have that file live on a NFS
> > > mount, but again I wonder how it would perform.  Must read some more, and
> > > test.
> >
> > AFAIK you can have UML's boot off nfs. They also have a uml-fs which
> > allows the uml to directly mount the host filesystem, though there are
> > permissions/ownership issues.
> >
> One important thing for us is being able to use a kernel that supports
> Rational ClearCase's mvfs.  They would not have done that would they?

...Not that this has anything to do with the original topic but since you
mention ClearCase, I'll briefly add that _every_single_person_ I know who
knows the source-code management marketplace says to stay away from
ClearCase like it's the plague. Favored systems are cvs and Perforce.

Sorry for the inturruption.

Richard

--
Richard Troy, Chief Scientist