Re: What about breaking rc.sysint up into an rc.sysinit.d

On Mon, 10 Jun 2002, Robin Holt wrote:

> Robin Holt wrote:
>
> > Some of the pieces I am building and adding to my RedHat installation are
> > requiring modifications to the /etc/rc.d/rc.sysinit script.
> >
> > What would be the response to creating an rc.sysinit.d, breaking the
> > rc.sysinit
> > script into smaller scripts that live in rc.sysinit.d and modifying
> > rc.sysinit to
> > just loop through each of the scripts in numerical order?
> >
> > Thanks,
> > Robin Holt
> >

> I broke the rc.sysinit script up as described in this thread of
> messages.  I created a subdir /etc/rc.d/rc.sysinit.d and placed
> each of the individual scripts in there.  I then modified rc.sysinit
> to source each file individually.  The reason for sourcing them was
> some provide environ variables that others depend upon.

In case someone's counting: my vote goes for this too! Currently we're
having to patch the initscripts each time to wedge in support for disk
encryption support whereas with this approach the crypto package could
just drop in it's own scripts and be done with it.

--
	- Panu -