Re: What about breaking rc.sysint up into an rc.sysinit.d

Greg Freemyer wrote:

> Robin,
>
> I hope Redhat accepts your proposal.  It would also be nice to get it into the LSB, but I have no idea how to make that happen.
>
> The SSI Linux project is a rapidly advancing Linux clustering project. http://ssic-linux.sourceforge.net/
>
> They are currently trying to figure out their booting sequence and what they need to do as new nodes join the cluster.
>
> Your proposal could simplify their life in this aspect.
>
> I have copied your below e-mail to their list.
>
> For your proposal to be directly usable by their project would require logic similar to:
>
> if first node to boot {
>    run all in /etc/rc.d/rc.sysinit.d
> } else {
>    run all in /etc/rc.d/rc.nodeinit.d
> }
>
> Maybe you could throw in some basic logic like the above to make your rc.sysinit script even more SSI clustering friendly.

In an effort to get this incorporated with the least resistance, I will
not add special case code for a project that is not part of the standard
linux distribution.  This is something that can be addressed
individually once these changes are in.

Thanks,
Robin Holt