Re: What about breaking rc.sysint up into an rc.sysinit.d

> Robin Holt wrote:
>
> > Some of the pieces I am building and adding to my RedHat installation are
> > requiring modifications to the /etc/rc.d/rc.sysinit script.
> >
> > What would be the response to creating an rc.sysinit.d, breaking the
> > rc.sysinit
> > script into smaller scripts that live in rc.sysinit.d and modifying
> > rc.sysinit to
> > just loop through each of the scripts in numerical order?
> >
> > Thanks,
> > Robin Holt
> >

> What is the process from here?  I don't see a maintainer on the package.
>   Who do I try next?  I can break the scripts apart and get an updated
> initscripts package together, but who gives the thumbs up and puts this
> into the distribution?  Sorry for my stupidity, but I am used to formal
> processes for modifications and I am new to this one.

[summer@dugite summer]$ rpm -qf  /etc/rc.d/rc.sysinit --changelog  | head
* Sat Apr 20 2002 Bill Nottingham <notting@redhat.com> 6.67-1

- fix silly cut&paste bug in hdparm settings in initscripts

* Tue Apr 16 2002 Trond Eivind Glomsrød <teg@redhat.com> 6.65-1

- Update translations

* Mon Apr 15 2002 Bill Nottingham <notting@redhat.com> 6.64-1

[summer@dugite summer]$

Try Bill.

--
Cheers
John Summerfield

Microsoft's most solid OS: http://www.geocities.com/rcwoolley/

Note: mail delivered to me is deemed to be intended for me, for my disposition.

If you don't like being told you're wrong,
	be right!