Re: What about breaking rc.sysint up into an rc.sysinit.d

Robin Holt wrote:

> Some of the pieces I am building and adding to my RedHat installation are
> requiring modifications to the /etc/rc.d/rc.sysinit script.
>
> What would be the response to creating an rc.sysinit.d, breaking the
> rc.sysinit
> script into smaller scripts that live in rc.sysinit.d and modifying
> rc.sysinit to
> just loop through each of the scripts in numerical order?
>
> Thanks,
> Robin Holt

While breaking rc.sysinit into scripts inside of rc.sysinit.d, I ran
across the following:

# Configure machine if necessary.
if [ -f /.unconfigured ]; then
     if [ -x /usr/bin/passwd ]; then
         /usr/bin/passwd root
     fi
     if [ -x /usr/sbin/netconfig ]; then
         /usr/sbin/netconfig
     fi
     if [ -x /usr/sbin/timeconfig ]; then
         /usr/sbin/timeconfig
     fi
     if [ -x /usr/sbin/kbdconfig ]; then
         /usr/sbin/kbdconfig
     fi
     if [ -x /usr/sbin/authconfig ]; then
         /usr/sbin/authconfig --nostart
     fi
     if [ -x /usr/sbin/ntsysv ]; then
         /usr/sbin/ntsysv --level 35
     fi

     # Reread in network configuration data.
     if [ -f /etc/sysconfig/network ]; then
         . /etc/sysconfig/network

         # Reset the hostname.
         action $"Resetting hostname ${HOSTNAME}: " hostname ${HOSTNAME}
     fi

     rm -f /.unconfigured
fi

This looks like another good place to use a directory and bunch of
scripts.  What is the consensus?

Thanks,
Robin