What about breaking rc.sysint up into an rc.sysinit.d

Some of the pieces I am building and adding to my RedHat installation are
requiring modifications to the /etc/rc.d/rc.sysinit script.

What would be the response to creating an rc.sysinit.d, breaking the
rc.sysinit
script into smaller scripts that live in rc.sysinit.d and modifying
rc.sysinit to
just loop through each of the scripts in numerical order?

Thanks,
Robin Holt