Re: FWD: Transition of program from windows to linux

> Hello,
>
> This question is beyond my programming knowledge. Does anyone have a
> suggestion that I can pass along to him. Thanks

If he can be persuaded to use KDE or GNOME then he has CORBA stuff available to
hime.

I've done no significant GUI programming on Linux, but that's what OAF for GNOME
does, and KDE has something too.

> ---begin forwarded message---
>
>   Hi,    I am doing a project which is the conversion of an application
> package which is written in VC++ to LINUX using c++.I am also using
> motif for the GUI.    First of all the package is a GIS package.The
> problem is that in VC++ it has been developed using certain classes like
> Istorage and Isreams(OLE structured sorage classes).And when converting
> we are facing the difficulty of converting these classes.Can u suggest a
> class equivalent to OLE classes in WOS.If possible can u convey the
> names of some sites which would be helpful in this
> case.
> Thanking you,
>                                     Ajit
>
> --end forwarded message---
>
> Regards,
> 	Jim H

Cheers
John Summerfield

Microsoft's most solid OS: http://www.geocities.com/rcwoolley/

Note: mail delivered to me is deemed to be intended for me, for my disposition.

If you don't like being told you're wrong,
	be right!