FWD: Transition of program from windows to linux

Hello,

This question is beyond my programming knowledge. Does anyone have a
suggestion that I can pass along to him. Thanks

---begin forwarded message---

  Hi,    I am doing a project which is the conversion of an application
package which is written in VC++ to LINUX using c++.I am also using
motif for the GUI.    First of all the package is a GIS package.The
problem is that in VC++ it has been developed using certain classes like
Istorage and Isreams(OLE structured sorage classes).And when converting
we are facing the difficulty of converting these classes.Can u suggest a
class equivalent to OLE classes in WOS.If possible can u convey the
names of some sites which would be helpful in this
case.
Thanking you,
                                    Ajit

--end forwarded message---