Re: preemptive kernel in 7.3?

> On Mon, 2002-05-06 at 11:37, Michael Best wrote:
> >
> > I just downloaded and installed the kernel-2.4.18-3.src.rpm (SRPM for
> > the kernel, instead of the kernel source) and it contains:
> >
> > linux-2.4.17-lowlatency.patch
>
> Ah, cool.
>
> > Do you know what the preempt patch is called off hand, or how I might
> > identify it?
>
> No. :-(
>
> But wouldn't you love it if Red Hat would provide somewhere a nice
> little list saying "these are the patches that were included in the
> kernel that goes with this distribution"? ;-)

It's in the spec file. I'd have thought that at SGI you'd be downloading the
src.rpm just as fast as you could so you could merge your own patches;-)

--
Cheers
John Summerfield

Microsoft's most solid OS: http://www.geocities.com/rcwoolley/

Note: mail delivered to me is deemed to be intended for me, for my disposition.

If you don't like being told you're wrong,
	be right!