Re: A Red Hat user's introduction to Debian

>From: Kevin Waterson <kevin@oceania.net>
>To: redhat-devel-list@redhat.com
>Subject: A Red Hat user's introduction to Debian
>Date: Thu, 2 May 2002 14:16:33 +1000
>
>I found this little article in my mail and
>would like to hear any thoughts?
>http://debian-br.sourceforge.net/txt/debian_vs_redhat.html

I just had a conversation with a debian user, who seemed to voice
an issue with RPMs like the article listed above. In my opinion, RPMS are
the best thing since slice bread. Sure, it maybe "too easy" for a LINUX
guru, but it sure makes life easier.

As for the cost of disks tread.........

Most of the red hat disks I've obtained from magazines or in the back of
books. I recently purchased a red hat box, for the copy of StarOffice
included. I've tried to download copies, but have yet to reach success.

Its just funny to think you can "buy" a copy of an operating system, for as
much as it costs you for 2 weeks of an internet connection here in the US.

Since the end of the dot com Gold Rush in the US most of my European
collogues have be lulled away back home, because they can earn much more
money.