Re: [OT] Re: Pricing discrepancy (Re: next release)

On Tuesday 30 April 2002 22:11, Thomas Dodd wrote:
> Fuel pricers are higher with higher taxes in europe. But you can
> live without a car there. You have state sponsored public transportation
> and don't need to travel as far.

Hey boy, you don't live in southern Italy...

The overall Italian politics actually move to raise taxes for medium/lower
people, and lower for industrials/rich people...

More over, we have 1 lit. of fuel = 1,095 Eur (self service: 1,065 eur), more
that 40% are taxes.

To buy a musical CD you must give away about 20 Eur (again40% taxes: I.V.A.,
books, instead, have I.V.A. at 4%...).

Lots of people should live with about 500/600 Eur at month and face all that.

To return in some way to the main discussion, I'm a student. I live in Italy,
with all that problems. I don't have each 6 months ~266 Eur to buy the whole
red hat boxset. But I can get and use the free iso.

But when I have money I can buy the packaged distro, and I'm happy for that,
because they give me the opportunity to use a real operating system (not the
windows for pokemon!) and they give me real support (this list, the
enigma/whateverelse/* lists).

I have buyed one copy of enigma this year. Even though I'm using the first
copy installed, in october, when the isoes where released.

Yes, if the box were cheaper, it would be more fun to buy more than once!...
:)

Ciao,
Mario